Golf Course holds two annual matches
Cannington Golf Centre has had a busy month of events, hosting the Diamond Jubilee Professionals’ Day and the annual Tuffin Trophy tournament.
The beginning of the month saw 36 players take part in the second, now annual, Diamond Jubilee Professionals’ Day. For the second year in a row Steve Butterfield was in the winning team, along with Tom Woodhouse and Joe Jasinski, who scored 87 stableford points.
Other professionals also won accolades, including Alan Wainman for nearest the pin; Darren Marshall for male longest drive; Steve Butterfield for senior longest drive and Stuart Mason for veteran longest drive.
The next competition held at the Golf Centre was the annual Tuffin Trophy tournament between Bridgwater College staff and the Cannington Golf Club members. The Club members became narrow winners by three games to two.
- Tim Hembery and Bob Carmichael lost to Nick Prince and Simon Alderwick 4 and 3.
- Ruth Fitzmaurice and Justine Ison lost to Nick Laing and James Sewell 2 down.
- James Lloyd and Geoff Powell halved with Glyn Sewell and James Puddy.
- Chris Sharkey and Mark Fitzmaurice beat Geoff Rooke 1 up.
- Ron Macrow and Jack Dray halved with Steve Ison and Gareth Reardon.